August 25, 2010

Dr. Armonson stitched up her wrist wounds. Within five minutes of the transfusion he declared her out of danger . Chucking her under the chin , he said, "What are you doing here , honey? You're not even old enough to know how bad life gets.
And it was then Cecilia gave orally what was to be her only form of suicide note , and a useless one that that, because she was going to live: "  Obviously , Doctor," she said, "you've never been a thirteen year old girl."

As I was reading The Virgin Suicides I discovered the quote above . Cecilia is so right . if you never been a thirteen year old girl you better shut it because everything you'll say we'll prove it wrong .
I remember being thirteen... and I think that year was the darkest of all . There were so many new things you couldn't handle , so many mistakes you could make . We were stupid kids who knew nothing about life but we pretended to know everything .
Betrayal , lies , love , heartbreak , tears those were the main words I learned that time . And despite how much those experiences made me grow as a person , I wish nobody to be a thirteen year old girl .

No comments:

Post a Comment